At the end of XIX century Côte-des-Neiges was a very peaceful place on Montreal’s island where came to divert members of the middle-class of Montreal in hunting clubs or others vacation resorts. Slowly the small city became populated with farmer, tanner and other jobs connected with animal.
At the beginning of the century, the city was appreciated for his distance from Montreal density and all the danger of epidemic; this is why many hospitals settled on the vast and peaceful land of this new district.
The district Côte-des-Neiges was annexed to Montreal city in 1910.
It is with the beginning of the construction of the University of Montreal that the district Côte-des-Neiges really gets on the map. Multiple apartments were built on the street Édouard Montpetit (which was one of the first non religious full time professor of the young university) and thus the district becomes more and more populated.
Today still, the district is very institutional with 7 hospitals, university and its two affiliated schools (HEC Montreal and Polytechnique) counting also two private colleges of great reputation, the district lives at the rhythm of the school classes. The district is now one of most populous of the city mainly because the becoming of a very great number of immigrants. Boroufg CDN is now part of arrondissement Côte-des-Neiges—Notre-Dame-de-Grâce.
298 Pictures of Côte-des-Neiges , Montréal.
Historical buildings and skyscrapers in borough Côte-des-Neiges
Schools and Universities
Apartments and Condos
Monasteries, Religious Buildings
City pictures : borough Côte-des-Neiges