This street was named after second Bishop of Montreal, Bishop Ignace Bourget. His influence on the city of Montreal was enormous, he built many churches and was responsible for building the present cathedral Marie-Reine-du-Monde. He also invited a large number of French religious communities to settle in Montreal with the aim to counterweight to powerful Sulpicians.
1893 : Opening year of this street or name change
Former name of this street : Rue Lisgar
Boroughs / districts where theses pictures where taken : Saint-Henri / Petite-Bourgogne
CODEIMTL 4016 : Last update of this page 2009-11-03 | 7365 hits on this page since 2010/12/31
Reference book: Les Rues de Montréal, répertoire Historique see