History and facts
This building has neo-renaissance architectural style.
Engineers' Club which had about 300 members bought this house in 1905 from successor of William Dow, a master brewer with Scottish origin. The club closed its doors and sold the building in 1979. Lately, this house is occupied by a restaurant : Chez la mère Tucker for a couple of years.
The building was enlarged twice, in 1912 and 1933.
Works cited, references and bibliography
[Guides] Architecture de Montréal, guide des styles et bâtiment
[Books] Demeures Bourgeoises de Montréal
[Books] Répertoire d'architecture traditionnelle sur le territoire de la CUM,les résidences
[Books] Montréal, son histoire, son architecture tome 1
Person or institution related to this page
Imtl.org has no relation with owner of this building
Almost all our images can be purchased in hight resolution format - 5000 * 3500 pixels, Contact us
All pictures on this website are protected through copyright. Anyone who uses them on personal or commersial websites or other media, commits a violation of the law