Ancien hôtel de ville de Saint-Louis du Mile End, Poste d'incendie 30
History and facts
Fire station No. 30 was for a few years the town hall of Saint-Louis du Mile-End until the municipality was annexed to the city of Montreal. It is located near the church L'Enfant-Jesus in what was once the center of Saint-Louis city.
This building is one of the finest achievements of the architect J. E. Vanier.
Although the building dates from 1905, the majestic stones facade date from 1908. To understand the monumental side of the building, we should know that the City of St. Louis du Mile End was a thriving industrial city that experienced a great expansion around years 1890-1900. It was one of the largest cities of the island of Montreal at that time.
Works cited, references and bibliography
Montréal, son histoire, son architecture tome 5
Répertoire d'architecture traditionnelle: Les Édifices Publics
Person or institution related to this page
Ville de Montréal
Imtl.org has no relation with owner of this building
Almost all our images can be purchased in hight resolution format - 5000 * 3500 pixels, Contact us
All pictures on this website are protected through copyright. Anyone who uses them on personal or commersial websites or other media, commits a violation of the law